OUR STRATEGY: PEACE PLAN
(How do we fulfill the Mission Jesus left us to do?)
What is The Peace Plan?
1. The PEACE Plan is a grassroots church-to-church strategy. Your church does PEACE in your own community, then your church hooks up with a church in your community and they do PEACE locally in their own community. Eventually you expand into regions, states then into the nation then go globally to other countries.
2. Every church is a sending and receiving church. It’s a lay movement, designed to mobilize ordinary church members to do normal tasks that can make a difference in the world wherever they go.
3. Biblical foundation for the P.E.A.C.E. Plan.
- The PEACE Plan uses Jesus’ life as a pattern for every believer. “Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. ” (John 14:12, NIV)
- The PEACE Plan empowers ordinary people to create lasting transformation in communities by doing the things Jesus modeled during his ministry on earth.
- God has a history of working through incredibly average men and women to accomplish His plans. This is demonstrated over and over in the pages of the Bible.
4. Helps to propel a Nationwide Movement by providing a process for targeted local churches in primary/ secondary cities to become part of the movement (Penetration Phase).
5. A Wholistic Approach to Missions: The world is full of problems. Some are small and some are huge. As we consider the problems facing the world today, we have concluded that there are five giants – There are five pervasive problems that affect billions of people. There are 5 universal global giants laying siege to our fallen world. Each giant has its own antidote, or remedy. And all remedies are something the church can provide.
6. The PEACE Plan (at the local church level). Focuses on IMPLEMENTATION (“deep before broad”) ---> develops practitioners (practicing churches).
We believe Healthy Disciples produces Healthy Missions.
7. The “North Star” of the Peace Plan: “Every Member Living On-Mission for God. Doing what Jesus Did” It is Ordinary people empowered by God making a difference together wherever they are. We stay on purpose as a church by focusing on the North Star. We can do a lot of things as a church but are they things Jesus wants us to do.
We believe it takes a T.E.A.M. to accomplish the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.